Friday, October 30, 2015

High on the Mountain Top

8/31/15

We had a great hike this P-day morning. We hiked with a bunch of missionaries and had a devotional about why we are serving our missions and the blessings that come from this service. It was awesome to hear the testimony of ten missionaries in our zone! There are just some amazing people which I have met on my mission.

Some blessings I have received include a greater understanding of gospel principles and how to apply them in my life. Faith has been on my mind a lot lately, and the hardest thing that I have experienced is the phrase "thy will be done". Christ asked for His task to be taken from Him but He knew that He had to do Gods will. And no matter how much pain it may be, or appear to be, Gods way always leads to freedom. So, the hardest part has been understanding what Gods will is for me. I know he gives me trials to grow, but at the same time I don't know why some people refuse our message, it's probably the saddest thing. But you just have to realize agency and that they may not be ready just then.

Now my line of thinking has gone to gratitude and that as we are grateful our faith will grow when we recognize the promised blessings. As we recognize that God is in the details of our lives, then we will grow in our faith. We will know that the Lord does answer our prayers even if it is in his way. The vision we have for our zone is about recognizing details, and that as we do that, it determines redemption.

So with all this in mind, we have had a great week! We had ten investigators at church yesterday and the Lord is just blessing us! We have found a family, and one of the sons is so elect. He is leading his family to the gospel. He is so amazing! He's a stud! We also have a baptism this weekend. It is from an inspired knock that Elder Hales and I had. It's crazy how the Lord guides us to where we need to go.

Hope you all have a great week!


Elder Clark








No comments:

Post a Comment