Friday, October 30, 2015

Going…Going…Gone

9/28/15
  
Well big news this week! I am getting transferred, and so is my comp! Our area is becoming a sister’s area. We are going to stay in the same zone, but in a different city. We are headed to Lake Havasu City, famous for the London Bridge. It is going to be an adventure!

We had an awesome week! We were so, so, so busy! We had interviews with our president and then we got pied in the face from other missionaries. It was quite exciting!

This whole week we have been preparing to move and for a parade we had in Kingman. We have been so busy getting the float ready and all the other things we had to do, so it’s been super hectic! The parade turned out amazing! The float looked awesome! We had the first temple in Kingman. Don’t worry, I will send pictures. We had a great time. We had 8 missionaries, some youth, a family, and a sister who helped us do a lot, all walk with us. It was awesome! We waited a few hours before it was our turn as we were towards the back of the parade, but then once we got going, let me tell ya, we were going! We talked to over 1000 people in a half hour and gave out tons of fliers for the fireside we are having and pass along cards. It was awesome! We finished the parade at 12:25 p.m., and then we had a baptism at 1:00 p.m. It was super rushed getting there, but luckily we made it in time!

The baptism was awesome! She was bouncing for joy! The stake president was even there, and a high councilman! She was famous so everyone wanted to see her get baptized! Even sister missionaries at Temple Square heard about her and they skyped down for the baptism! After she got baptized, she was jumping up and down in the water and she was so excited. When she got back to change she was just screaming!!!

And then at 4:00 p.m., Torrey got baptized. He is just a great kid! He has changed so much and was so ready for baptism. He received the priesthood yesterday, and is hopefully going to baptize his siblings.

I am really sad to leave this town! It has been one of the favorite areas of my mission-just such wonderful people here. My comp and I have even said that we could live here!! So I am really humbled by this transfer. It is not what I want at all, but it is what the Lord wants and that’s what I will do! We are going to an area that is going to need a lot of work, and doesn’t have anything really set up, so we are going to change that. I know the Lord is preparing people for us down there. It is going to be the best area of my mission; I know it!


I love y’all. Take care,
Elder Clark

















No comments:

Post a Comment