Monday, November 23, 2015

Thankful

Well it was an awesome week! I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to touch on a few things that happened this week.

We had a huge miracle to have one of our investigators get baptized last Saturday. It was great to see her change. I love her so much! She is 78 years old. I guess God sent me to Quartzsite last year so I could love elderly people. They are so awesome. I was honored to baptize her, and it was amazing to see the instant transformation she had. She came up a completely different person. She just lost her husband 2 months ago and has lost all four of her children. So she is very lonely, but she was just beaming! She even walked to church the next day as she was so excited for her confirmation and church. I am so grateful to have met her and to have seen the atonement work in her life.

Also this last Sunday was just a crazy hectic day! We covered two wards and it felt like we had everything going on. We had meeting we had to go to, and then the churches overlapped and we need to be in two places at once so we split up. And then we had to give a baptismal interview during church, and then worry about all of our investigators coming, announce an activity we are doing for Christmas in the zone, teach elders quorum and the other Ward asked us at the last second if we could teach their elders quorum - luckily we didn't. We also had a recent convert call us at the last second and needed a ride, and a youth fireside we had to put on that night. We had a lot of our plate. So all this was going on, and needless to say I was a bit overwhelmed and it was hard to feel the spirit. But I am so grateful for church. By the end of sacrament meeting I just felt this peace and this calm come over me. I am so grateful for the sacrament and the chance we have to start over fresh every week.

At this time of the year during thanksgiving there are so many things we can do; shopping, eating, watching football, and getting together with family. But, we can show our gratitude to our Father in Heaven. This last Friday we had interviews with the mission president and he brought up some great points. As always, he loves to get into the scriptures and so we were studying Mosiah 4 with him. Which in the past I have always thought about welfare, but he related it to missionary work. As we show our gratitude we realize that we have been given so much, not just temporally but spiritually, as well. In that chapter where it says to impart your substance to the poor, it can also mean us sharing the gospel to those that are poor in spirit. We are so rich to have this knowledge. Let us share it this holiday season! I love you all and hope you have a great Thanksgiving


Elder Clark


Lake Havasu - Sunrise



Hiking at SARA's Crack





No comments:

Post a Comment