Monday, May 11, 2015

El Dia De Las Madres



As you all know, I was able to Skype my family last night and that was great! It was so awesome-all the questions my mom had prepared to ask me! haha She even took some ideas off the internet! But, as always, it’s great to talk to them and the time just flies by! 


Well this week was really good and really busy!! As always we are teaching a ton of people! Not everyone is really committed and nobody goes to church. But, hey, we are doing all we can! This week was very, very busy! We had a district meeting on Tuesday and then I was on exchanges with the zone leaders on Thursday and then the day after I was on exchanges with the elders in my district. So I felt like I wasn’t even in my area all week. But the exchanges were good and I really learned a lot! My zone leader is a recent convert to the church and has an amazing testimony and amazing story, so it was great to talk to him and see what I can do better. 


Then the weekend only got crazier and I won’t really go into details, but I had to take care of some disobedience issues in my district with one of the zone leaders. We ended up being out quite late on Sunday night because of it!! We had a nice long meeting with the APs and had to figure out a lot of stuff and have a lot of conversations that you don’t ever want to have. Pretty much most my district was being disobedient. That was really a bummer for me. I didn’t blame myself but it was not a fun night to tell all of them how disappointed I was. I guess I know how parents feel when their kids don’t do the right things. When we got back from the mission office to my apartment around 12:30 at night I realized we didn’t have the keys because me and my real comp had split up and he had them. So I climbed the balcony hoping I could get in but the sliding glass door was locked! The zone leader and I thought we were going to have to sleep in the car. Luckily though, we were able to get a hold of some of the other elders and crashed at their place! We didn’t get to bed until like 1:30-2:00 a.m. and then we had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to take some people to an interview with president. I am learning a lot about what it means to be a leader. And it’s really hard as you do all you can for people and they still don’t change. But that is why a mission is so, so great. It’s been hard as it distracts me from my area and focusing on my investigators. But hopefully I will be able to find the right balance.


I am not sure what other stories we had for this week! My mind is blown. None of our investigators who have a date for baptism are coming to church and that is so frustrating. So we will be working on finding a way to get them the church


Hope you all had a great Mother’s Day! Love you all!


Elder Clark 

With Rodolfo, a RM who served his mission in Argentina. He works with the Elders all the time and helps them with their Spanish.
With member, Luis. Working hard! (Pics taken while sitting in a parking lot.)




No comments:

Post a Comment