Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Back with Elder Thorne

Hey everyone! 

Sorry it has taken me so long to get an email out. I have a few extra minutes before bed and so I wanted to make sure I wrote one. 

I am sure most of you know, but I was called as the new assistant to President Snow and I am with my MTC comp, Elder Thorne! It's so sick! It's super fun being with him a year and a half later. I have seen him a bit, but we have never served around each other. We always are just laughing about the good times we had in the MTC. Man those were the days. 

Last week Wednesday night I went in with the APs while my comp three-packed with other missionaries and was with members and I was gone until Saturday afternoon when transfers came out. It was fun to be in a three-pack with the APs. We had a fun time, and I got to meet the ward a bit. I am serving in a YSA Ward and so everyone is super cool! We had a meeting with the president about transfers and got that stuff all ready. It is pretty neat to see all the work that goes on behind the scenes. There sure is a lot that needs to get done just to run a mission. 

I was then able to go back to my ward for Sunday and say goodbye to everyone! That was fun. I had a few good families I really liked there, but I had been there such a short span of time I wasn't really super close to them. But there are some pretty sweet investigators there that will be getting baptized soon! And then Sunday night the APs got me. I was all packed up and I officially moved out. On Monday, we had our weekly meeting with the president and worked out all the transfer stuff we needed to. Afterwards, Elder Thorne and I picked up a bench and weights to bring to our apartment! We are going to get jacked in the mornings! 

We got to meet with a super awesome member that I will talk more about and send some pictures, but let's just say it is awesome! I'll keep it a surprise--haha! 

This week is a very busy one! Already today we went to the temple and then trained a new district leader and sister training leader, went to the departing missionary testimony meeting/ dinner and then had some awesome lessons and then planned all the rides for the airport tomorrow, dropping people off and picking up people. 

We taught an investigator tonight who is so awesome. He is 18 and was talking to kids at school and he taught them the plan of salvation. One guy was sort of contesting him on it and he was like, man you can just go to the second kingdom if you want then! It was so, so funny! He is going to be a great missionary! 

I am excited to serve the Lord even more and I hope and pray I can bring to the table what the mission needs! There is so much work to be done! We had 97 baptisms as a mission this last month. And so it's only up from here! I love you all! 

Elder Clark 







No comments:

Post a Comment