Monday, January 4, 2016

Miracles Upon Miracles and a Walk with Christ

Wow what a week we have had!

I don't even know where to start. I haven't had much of a chance to talk about my new area and my new companion. But I have really been loving my new area. I like Vegas. I miss being in small towns with less traffic and quicker street lights but the work is progressing!

So I guess to start I will talk about the area. We have a very small area. It takes less than five minutes to get around it, so we are going to start biking our area! We have started seeing lots of success, but it has been a little frustrating. We are finding lots of very, very flakey people. Most of our area is apartments and so it’s pretty transient. But recently we have seen lots of miracles in finding more solid people.

I had the chance on Saturday to go back to Lake Havasu, my old area, and participate in 7 baptisms of people I had taught there. The Lord truly blessed us and it was so neat to see the changes they all made in their lives. I had the privilege of baptizing three of them, and it was so neat to be in the water for a little longer and to really soak in what was happening! We had a great time and we went to lunch with some members I knew down there. That was a really fun and spiritual day. My comp was with a priest all day. The priest was a champ as we picked him up at 6:30 a.m. I also was able to be with my old companion, Elder Anderson and catch up with him on the drive and get ideas from him. I was talking to him on the way back about how I wanted to find more solid investigators.   When I got back to my area for dinner we had a wonderful dinner, and the couple we were eating with had taken a guy into their home for the last few weeks and basically adopted him. He has been on the streets his whole life. He lost his parents at 11 and has been alone since and has had a really tough life, but he has been making changes and coming to church and he said he wants to get baptized! It was one of the most spiritual nights ever. The sister, which he calls mom, was crying and the spirit was so strong! So we are really excited for him and have been praying for him.

We have also just been running into a lot of awesome people. We had a referral we went to go see and he wasn't home and so we knocked on his neighbors door and it was a guy from Grand Junction and so we talked about that. He was a cool guy! He said he was looking for a new church and would be baptized. It’s been pretty awesome. The Lord is really blessing us.

We had a big missionary meeting with our mission president and everyone in leadership. He announced the new mission vision for this year and dressed up as rocky and did a rap song. Haha He was so funny! Then we had a really awesome meeting with our zone. The day before the meeting, we set up stops on the trail of a mountain to represent different times in Christ’s life. We got the zone excited, and then met at 6:00 a.m. for the hike. The stops included His birth, baptism, ministry, suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, death, and resurrection. As we were ascending up the trail, we talked about how we have to raise our discipleship to be more like Christ if we want our members to be better member missionaries. The district leaders took their districts through the trail and at every stop had a little 5 minute thought to share. We ended at the top where my comp and I gave a training and we had a brief testimony meeting. It was a great time and people really felt the spirit. Some even carried rocks up the last stretch to remember when Christ carried his cross. I was deeply touched as I pondered more about my Savior!

To make it even more of an adventure…we had been setting up tables at the church and the gym was split in half. One side was pitch black and there was a cart that you put tables on to store them and I didn't see it in the dark and total ate it over that and really banged up my knees and so I hobbled up the mountain!

I am excited for this New Year and what lies in store for me! I am going work harder than I ever have before and there is so much I want to change about myself before I come home. So nobody get too excited - I still have 6 months to change and become better! I love my Savior and I am so grateful I have been an instrument in His hands to bring others to Him!


Elder Clark




A walk with Christ

Sermon on the Mount 




Carrying boulders to the top.



Zone Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment