Tuesday, September 16, 2014

El Fin

Hola,

Well this is it! My last week in the CCM is over and I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow morning!

It's a very weird feeling to be leaving Mexico. This is all I have known as a missionary and I have gotten comfortable here, but I know my experience here is nothing like the real mission field. It feels like I have been gone forever, but it has only been six short weeks! It has flown by and I know the rest of my mission will too. I just hope it slows down enough for me to learn Spanish, because the people sure don´t slow down!! 

I have met some of the most amazing people here! All the people in my district, but also tons of people from all around the world and US!! It is truly inspiring to be with so many amazing people and with so many missionaries. Some of the Elders I was really close to left early this morning. We all hope to reconnect one day after our missions. They are all really great guys. 

I will miss the guys in my district, but I am really curious to know if any of us will ever be comps or in the same district again. We will just have to see. 

My time here has been amazing! I will forever love Mexico and the people that I have met here. The people here are just truly amazing people!! I am so excited to be teaching them in Las Vegas! The CCM has its hard points, but overall I learned a lot of Spanish and made a lot of good friends. I can´t even imagine what Las Vegas is going to be like. I can't wait! 

So the highlight of this week was Mexican Independence Day! It was yesterday and it was so  awesome. That night they had a special show for us and we watched some awesome Mexican dances. One of the best dances was with this little boy and girl. The boy had a little bandanna that he would throw in the air and when it hit the ground he would crawl on all fours like a dog and bite it and hold it in his mouth. Then he would chase the girl on all fours and roll around all over the place. It was hilarious!! 

After they danced, we sang the National Anthem and our MTC president was waving a Mexican flag and fireworks were shot off indoors! It was fun, but it got super crazy when we got out! The whole city was awake and lots of people were shooting off fireworks and there was lots of loud music. It was pretty hard to sleep and we all had a great time watching the craziness happen over the walls!

This week has been pretty easy. Our classes were less intense and we had to do a lot to get ready for our flight. I am excited to get out of the walls and fly out of Mexico!! its always an adventure driving through the streets! 

I have really enjoyed my study of the Book of Mormon this week and have gained a lot from it. All the people leaving this week had the opportunity to bear our testimonies and I bore mine about the Book of Mormon. It is a very powerful book and has truly changed my life forever. I am so grateful for all that we have in this church and I am grateful for God's love for me and His patience with me. I love this gospel and I am so blessed to be a missionary at this time when the Lord is hastening His work! I know because of this I have a lot of work to do, but it's an exciting work! I hope all is well you, everyone.

Elder Clark

Lots of pictures to follow as Logan found a 
camera cord this past week. (Yes, he already had lost his!)
 

 

 

District Photos



Last Sunday in the CCM
 

Caught in a major rain storm.
 


  Some good friends we met here.

My Boys!
 

After a super crazy workout. I'm beat. It was at 5:00 a.m.
Some of our buddies.
   

This is Fernando. He is an awesome janitor here.
 

A beautiful Mexico morning.


Over the wall!
 
Mexican dancers performing at the Independence Day show.




No comments:

Post a Comment