Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week Numero Uno

August 13, 2014

Hola!!!!!!!!!

Well its been one week!!!! It feels like a lifetime. I don't even know where to start!! So much has happened and I want to tell you all of it!!!! Susan will probably say I am being long winded but there is just so much to share!

I love it here so, so much!! Everyone said the first week was super hard and that you just have to make it through that, but I love it so much! Like one of the best weeks of my life. My comp is super awesome. He is a really good basketball player and super ripped!! We go hard in work outs. My shoulder will be back to good in no time!! He is going to Vegas too so I will probably see him down the road. We have ten Elderes in my district and no Hermanas. 8 of us Elderes are going to Vegas so that is super cool!! They are all great guys. My district leader is a super spiritual guy from D.C. He's awesome!! The first night we were in a casa, but when we got back to go to bed there was a note saying we had been moved to the dorms and it was in Spanglish and we were like WHAT! ha and there were no keys or any way to get into the dorm and we had no idea who to talk to. We figured it out and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened. There are three dorm rooms that share a bathroom all in the same big room and only one of the other rooms is full. There are two Latinos. One is from Guatemala so that is super cool. He is super short. hahaha They are so sweet!!
Me and my comp hang with Latinos all the time. We sit with them at all the meals and they teach us all types of things!!! Their spirit is so strong. There is one Elder who is a baker. He is from Mexico and said he would make cakes for our weddings. But he is seriously the most spiritual guy I know!! He is like my hero. 

So some funny stories: (most are with the Latinos if not all-haha) 

They have taught us a bunch of tongue twisters. the best one is Parangaricutirimicuaro!!! Try saying that dad hahaha! So we walk around and say that to everyone and they are all like what? or if they are Mexican they freak out - ha. We also say que puchuca por tuluca which means WAZZZZ UP!! Our maestro always says. "who teaches you this" hahahaha he is a cool guy!

They made us eat chiles (peppers) one day and mix it with ice cream and it was good. They said we had souls of a Mexican. Then the next day this one Latino we are close with put these habanero chips on the table and the label had a warning because they were so hot. So me and my comp started eating them and all these Latinos started crowding around and going crazy!! I grabbed this huge handful of these chips and this one elder said in a very Mexican accent, "Elder Clark I am going to put your name on my door!!" haha I guess I was his hero. Then the same Elder slammed down a second bag on the table - we were like oh man!! ha But we ate it and they were like, "No, you are a Mexican!"

My comp's name is Elder Thorne. and all the Latinos say like Thor? The guy with the hammer? And for my name they say, Elder Clark, like Clark Kent. So they call us the super compenaros!!hahaha

They love us and say we are the coolest American missionaries. They save seats for us for meals and devotionals. We are some of the only missionaries that hang out with the Latinos but it is really good for our Spanish.

Another funny story was i was talking to this guy and he said he was from the Milwaukee area and it was cool because we are the only people from Wisconsin here.  But he started asking me if I knew people. Then as he was walking away he asked if I knew Maddie Clark? And I responded that yes, umm she is my sister. And then he tells me, "Oh yeah, I took her on a date once!" I think it was the mixer date!! hahahhahahaha Me and my comp started laughing so so hard!!!.

So i will end with some of the more spiritual stories from this week. There is just so much to share. The spirit is so strong here and it is so cool being with so many missionaries that all have the same purpose in mind. We have a lot of fun but we work so hard!! 

We teach an investigator and the first lesson was so so hard. We barely knew how to say anything and basically just laughed the whole time. It was very humbling to see how much work we have to do. Then our second lesson went great and we were able to say what we wanted even though we mostly just read from things we had translated before. Then our third lesson was good and he committed to baptism. He isn't a real investigator but he doesn't speak any English so it feels real. He is super awesome and crazy. He asked my comp to dance and was telling us he liked girls and said mujeres and did his hands in a motion of curves. haha-We lost it!! Today we have been praying really hard to have the spirit in our lesson. It is hard when you have to read so much and don't know what you are saying. I am going to try to bear my testimony from heart tonight and bring the spirit. Pray for me that i can do it!!! 

The second night we had a branch meeting with all the new people and the zonies and the sister trainers and a man sang If the Savior Stood Beside Me in Spanish and I had tears in my eyes. The spirit was so so strong. Every night me and my comp sing a hymn in Spanish with our roomies next door. The spirit is so strong when we sing hymns. That is my favorite thing. I love the hymns in Spanish. 

We had a seventy from Mexico speak to us last night and it was his first time ever giving a talk in English and it was awesome. It talked about how there is no reward for half hearted obedience! I thought that was so cool!! 

This is a great work and I am a representative of Jesus Christ! I feel the spirit so strong here and I know that this is the only place in the world that I am meant to be. To be surrounded by so many brothers and sisters in the Lord is a great thing. I have had a great week and I know it will only get better from here!! My district is great and they all have wonderful testimonies that help strengthen mine. I love this gospel so much. Yo se que el evangelio es verdadero. I love you all so much and I cant wait to write again in a week. Everyone send letters if you can. It would be great to get those from you. 

Elder Clark










Elder Clark acquired new Guatemala scripture covers from another Elder.

What a landscaper looks like in Mexico.

The view from the dorm.





No comments:

Post a Comment