Monday, July 25, 2016

The Best Two Years

This doesn't even seem real! This is my last email for my entire mission! I don't even really know where to start. I have had an amazing mission from the day I opened my mission call until now so much has happened. I know I will forever be changed because of this experience. I have met so many awesome people and have seen so many lives change including myself.

I remember a talk from Elder Holland where he quoted that he commanded every missionary to have at least one convert on their missions and it better be themselves. My goal was to come home converted to the gospel. And what I can say is that I am coming home knowing how to continually convert myself to the gospel. Because conversion is not just a single event or moment but it is something we become. My mission will be the best two years of my life because who I am now is who I will become. And so down the road I will always have the best two years! Life just gets better and better.

I don't really know how to wrap up a mission. I've never done it before. But I ponder about when our Savior left his earthly ministry he left his Spirit to stay with us. And so I know I will forever remember my mission because of the Spirit I have felt here, but also all the people I am leaving behind. I will forever love this desert, haha!

I have learned that we can never be staying in the same place - we are either progressing or digressing. I have so much more to improve and do in my life. I have set the foundation for the rest of my life with this mission and I encourage everyone to serve a mission! I have learned so much more of the depth of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I have felt peace as I have repented through-out my mission and listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I have grown to love the scriptures and that will be a part of me for the rest of my life.

This last week we saw miracles again as my companion and I, and some of our ward members, fasted for our investigator, Irene. She is the one that has had her family and pastors pressuring her. She came to church Sunday and even greeted people at the doors with us. Then that night when she got home from church, all her family was there - cousins, aunts and uncles, everybody and their dog was there. And she said that her cousin was asking her what was wrong and then the whole family started talking about Irene, and Irene was explaining herself and everyone understood. Her cousin even said she would come to church with her because she shouldn't do it by herself! So that was really cool! She was so excited about the miracle she had with fasting.

We also had a big celebration with Pioneer Day! It was Friday and Saturday night and all the missionaries in the zone had to help prepare dinner Friday night and run a booth on Saturday night. It was in a park by the church we go to, the church actually owns this park and thousands of people came - it was so crazy! As a zone we got 53 investigators there and there were at least 1,000 other non-members that came! It was a huge celebration. To get people to our booth we started a stick pull competition! Everyone was getting so excited. It was really fun! Our ward even made like 2,000 tacos they gave out!  

I love this gospel and I love this mission. I can look anyone boldly in the eye and tell them that my mission has changed my life and that this gospel is true. I have my struggles everyday but I know through Christ I can be strengthened.

I am so excited to be a member missionary. I have thought about what the prophet’s last words have been and this morning I was reading about Mormon's last words. He spoke simply of the doctrine of Christ. That reminded me when we had a member of the Area Seventy bear his testimony in a sacrament meeting in one of my areas. He got up and bore a simple testimony of our Savior. So my desire is to always be a witness of my Savior Jesus Christ at all times through my words and actions. We forget how merciful he is and how he has provided all for us. Don't ever forget that! I know he lives!

Elder Clark














No comments:

Post a Comment